[DRBD-user] Primary and Inconsistent

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Jun 7 08:41:42 CEST 2010

On 06/06/2010 12:18 PM, Olivier Le Cam wrote:
> Bart Coninckx wrote:
>> Sounds like a Heartbeat issue. Heartbeat should not make the node
>> primary before the sync has finished.

That assumption is incorrect for this configuration.

> OK, that confirm my though, thank you Bart. I probably missed to
> configure something!
>
> My haresources file only has this in:
>
> drbd1   IPaddr::192.168.19.125/24/eth1 \
>         drbddisk::r0 \
>         Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/nfs3-exports::ext3::noatime \
>         killnfsd \
>         nfs-kernel-server

Everything is working exactly as expected. Heartbeat in haresources
configuration with auto_failback on fails back as soon as possible and
will happily promote a DRBD device which is still being synchronized
(and whose local disk state is, thus, Inconsistent).

Don't want that? Ditch your haresources setup and go for Pacemaker.

Florian