[DRBD-user] Disconnect testing

Robert Dunkley Robert at saq.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 10:23:20 CEST 2010

I want to test system changes in my Xen DRBD setup by disconnecting the
secondary on the appropriate Xen VM and testing the changes on the
primary. I'm unsure if what to do if the testing fails, would the
commands below work to force overwrite the primary from the secondary on
reconnecting the secondary even though the primary has newer data? Is
there a better way of doing this?

If Testing Fails:
On Primary:
Shutdown VM or kill it from Xen - xm destroy vmname
On Secondary:
drbdadm --overwrite-data-of-peer primary drbdresource
drbdadm connect drbdresource
(Secondary should synch to Primary)
drbdadm secondary drbdresource

Thanks,

Rob

The SAQ Group

Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
SAQ is the trading name of SEMTEC Limited. Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219

SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T. services to UK Business.

Broadband : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit : Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

ISPA Member