[DRBD-user] add third drbd device to live setup?

Jed Erman jederman73 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 05:16:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have currently have a  two node drbd setup with two drbd devices - drbd0 and
drbd1. Everything works as expected there.
I would however like to add a third drbd device to this setup - drbd2. I am
wondering what is the way to do this (if there is one) with
disrupting the other drbd devices that already exist (drbd0 and 1).

After adding the necessary config to drbd.conf, partitioning drives et all,
 will i need to restart drbd entirely to start the third device (drbd2)? Or can
I use drbdadm ( perhaps adjust?) to add the third device without restarting
entirely?

What would be the optimal and least disruptive way to add another drbd device to
a current live setup?

Thank you!

-J