[DRBD-user] DRBD MC - unstable cluster with latest corosync and pacemaker

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Sat Jul 24 14:09:47 CEST 2010

On Fri, July 23, 2010 10:44 pm, Jamie L Sammons wrote:
> Environment:
>

> CentOS 5.5
> DRBD 8.3.8
> Corosync 1.2.5
> Pacemaker 1.0.9
>

> Whenever I use DRBD MC to manage the configuration above, I run into
> stability problems with the cluster.  Here is some of the behavior I have
> observed:
>

> 1. Corosync crash across cluster members.  When I try to restart corosync
> I receive a Bus Error and cannot restart it until I reboot the system.
> 2. Frequent disconnects and reconnects across the cluster members.
> 3. Unresponsive cluster. Whenver I try to manage the cluster in DRBD MC
> commands are ignored.

Yes, the problem is that 'corosync -v' leaks shared memory in Corosync
1.2.5 and it happens that DRBD MC runs this command regularly to find out
the version. Reboot clears the shared memory.

For now you can remove this line from drbd-gui-helper:
($cs_version) = `$cs_prog -v` =~ /'(\d+\.\d+\.\d+)'/;

and run DMC with --keep-helper option, or use different Corosync version.

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc
: DRBD-MC http://www.drbd.org/mc/management-console/