[DRBD-user] Performances - Configuring checksum-based synchronization and replication traffic integrity checking

Ben Beuchler insyte at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 17:52:28 CEST 2010

> Are "checksum-based synchronization" and "replication traffic integrity
> checking" affecting the replication performances?

As with all things:  It depends.

Checksum-based synchronization trades CPU for bandwidth.  So how it
effects performance in your environment depends on the available CPU
and network resources.

I would imagine data-integrity-alg has some nominal CPU cost.  I would
be surprised if it cost more than a percent or two of efficiency.  Why
not just try it?  Do a full re-sync with it enabled and disabled and
see how much it hurts your times.

-Ben