[DRBD-user] How do backup all partion on another server?

Mike Lovell mike at dev-zero.net
Sat Jul 17 10:05:35 CEST 2010

On 07/15/2010 12:05 AM, Razuvakin Alexander wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I succeded with drbd on /test partion.
>
> I did the next step.
> 1. did config file
> 2. umounted /test
> 3. "drbdadm up all"
>
> after that all worked correctly
>
> And now I want replicate almost all partion to another server by DRBD
> (/usr /var)
>
> I tryed but with "umount /usr" there was problem
> How can I do this?

ummmm. are /usr or /var already mount points? what error was it giving
you? also, using drbd to replicate /usr or /var is not a good idea for
the same reasons using drbd for / has been frowned upon by the list. the
secondary server wont be able to boot properly due to the fact that the
secondary is essentially locked out from using the drbd block device and
therefore unable to mount the filesystem. maybe doing something specific
underneath these directories like /var/www but you probably shouldn't do
/usr or /var.

mike