[DRBD-user] Problem Replication two-primaries

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jul 16 21:27:39 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 01:01:44PM -0300, Fabio Pires wrote:
> Hi dear.... I'm new in the list but have a BIG PROBLEM.
>
> I'm use DRDB along time with master and slave but now i necessity configure
> DRBD how TWO PRIMARIES.
>
> My drbd servuice is UP and my configurations files aparentily is OK BUT when
> make file or directory in any two node the data not replicated.
>
> The output commnad "watch n1 cat /proc/drbd" is bellow
>
> *Every 1.0s: cat
> /proc/drbd
> Thu Jul 15 12:52:41 2010
> version: 8.3.3 (api:88/proto:86-91)
> GIT-hash: 49bfeeaf3690ad0b9afd5376feda9e9eb34a30f3 build by nobody at homer,
> 2010-07-02 00:25:21
>  0: cs:Connected ro:Primary/Primary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r----
>     ns:40 nr:36 dw:76 dr:440 al:2 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 ep:1 wo:b oos:0
> *
>
> I make new directory in node1 primary, the directory is created but NOT
> replicate to node2 primary, and contrariwise.
>
> I execute step bellow and two nodes.
>
> 01 - drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary mysqldb
> 02 - mount /dev/drbd0 /var/lib/mysql
> In node1 primary
> 03 - mkdir teste
>
> After command the directory teste is not replicated in node2 primary.

Your realize of course that for dual primary simultaneous access, you
HAVE.  TO.  USE.  A.
CLUSTER FILE SYSTEM.

Which means: only ocfs2, or gfs2.
I don't think we have more cluster file systems available in linux at
this point, maybe, in case you have access to those, some proprietory ones.

NOT ext2, ext3, ext4, reiser, xfs, jfs, nothing the like.

If you try anyways, it will corrupt your data, crash your box,
and eat your socks.

Hope that helps,

--
: Lars Ellenberg