[DRBD-user] drbd upgrade from Debian Etch (0.7) to Lenny (0.8)

Ralf Gross Ralf-Lists at ralfgross.de
Mon Jul 12 16:15:30 CEST 2010

Hi all,

finally we're going to upgrade our Debian Etch drbd 0.7.21 and
heartbeat 2.0.7 cluster to Debian Lenny.

I've setup 2 guests in a VMware environment, cloned our 2 current
drbd hosts and will now follow this howto to test the upgrade:

http://blogs.linbit.com/florian/2007/10/03/step-by-step-upgrade-from-drbd-07-to-drbd-8/

Does anyone have a more debian specific upgrade howto?

Which drbd 0.8.x packages should we choose? The ones that come with
lenny, lenny-backports or the ones that are available on the linbit
web page?

I'd like to stay with the heartbeat v1 config, we had not much trouble
with it and it is easy to manage and understand. Is there anything
that is to consider with drbd 0.8.x and a heartbeat v1 config?

TIA, Ralf