[DRBD-user] Hardware recommendation for DRBD

Bo Hansen bh at newtec.dk
Tue Jul 6 10:55:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

I need an advice regarding hardware for DRBD. Currently I'm looking into
using two intel servers + adaptec raid controllers to form a DRBD setup.
I'm planning to put 28 SATA disks in each server and possibly have two
DRBD volumes (maybe 10 disks/vol/server). What is recommended for the
DRBD communication?
I guess gigabit is not enough? Should I go for 10gbit (e.g. Intel 10
Gigabit CX4 Dual Port Server Adapter) or the Dolphin DXH510 adapters?

I'm planning to use Proxmox which means a Red Hat 2.6.18 kernel + DRBD
0.8.3.4.

Thanks in advance,
Bo Hansen