[DRBD-user] First time install DRBD on SLES10 got error when attach the resource

Tony Gan tonygan1984 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 00:48:10 CET 2010

I was following the installation online guide.
The metadata is created successfully by "drbdadm create-md r0."
However When I was trying to attach the resource by using "drbdadm attach
r0" command, it gave me this error message:
Could not stat("/proc/drbd"): No such file or directory
do you need to load the module?
try: modprobe drbd
Command 'drbdsetup 0 /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sda7 /dev/sda7 internal
--set-defaults --create-device' terminated with exit code 20
drbdadm attach r0: exited with code 20

My /etc/drbd.conf is
global {
  usage-count yes;
}
common {
  protocol C;
}
resource r0 {
  on node1 {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/sda7;
    address   192.168.0.1:7789;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  on node2 {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/sda7;
    address   192.168.0.2:7789;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
}

I am using drbd-8.3.2-6.2.x86_64.rpm on SLES10 sp2 64bits and I have a
partition /dev/sda7 on both my two linux machine,  192.168.0.1 and
192.168.0.2 can ping to each other.

What could be the problem? any idea or suggestions is welcome, thanks.