[DRBD-user] DRBD iSCSI and ESX4?

Simon Bartlet simon at bartlet.co.uk
Mon Jan 18 12:29:14 CET 2010

Hi

Sorry this isn't specifically DRBD related  but thought you
knowledgeable lot might be able to help.

We currently use DRBD/Heartbeat along with IET SCSI Target (
http://iscsitarget.sourceforge.net/ ). As a cheap mans SAN with failover
for our ESX 3 Servers.

This has been working very well for the most part. We are currently
planning on updating our ESX server to ESX 4( vSphere) and i have read
about there being issues between IET and ESX4 on the mailing lists for
IET.

Does anyone have any experience of this, or can recommend one of the
alternative open source iscsi implementations as working well with ESX4??

Thanks for any help.

Simon