[DRBD-user] Digest integrity check FAILED (when using MySql)

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Jan 12 11:16:20 CET 2010

On 2010-01-11 19:44, Martin Gombač wrote:
> Hi,
> under heavy-to-mild mysql usage in Xen PV server hosted on drbd block
> device, i get the Digest integrity check FAILED. dd or copy operations
> seem not trigger it.
> I've read posts about this issue before, so i'm aware that it's saving
> my data and the usual ways to go about fixing it.
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2008-January/008343.html
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2009-February/011357.html
> First thing i did was to remove all offloaded work from network card, to
> the CPU ([rx on|off] [tx on|off] [sg on|off] [tso on|off] [ufo on|off]
> [gso on|off] [gro on|off]) but it didn't help. Then i switched to second
> network card, intel server type and it still didn't work. Offloading or
> not, it didn't matter. I tried two more different network cards, just to
> be sure. These were the cards:
> # Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5721 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express
> # Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
> # Intel Corporation 82572EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
> # Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+
> The system is latest stable CentOS (5.3) running Xen. Drbd is from
> extras repo.

You're running Xen VMs on top of DRBD? Most likely guess is that these
errors occur in you guest domain's swap space then. Can you confirm (or

P.S.: Your subject is misleading. You're not running into these messages
"when using MySQL", but "when running MySQL inside Xen", IIUC. That's a
big difference. :)