[DRBD-user] impact on primary if secondary is down for long time

Ben Beuchler insyte at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 00:50:34 CET 2010

> Due to some reasons, the secondary will be down for 1 month, will it have any poor impact on primary when the secondary is down and after the secondary is up?

As I understand it, the only impact will be a larger-than-normal
resync when you bring the secondary back up.  I don't believe running
without the secondary will slow down the primary, as it just tracks
the changes in its bitmap.

So the real issue comes down to the size of your filesystem and how
much of it will be written to during the downtime.

-Ben