[DRBD-user] Digest integrity check FAILED (when using MySql)

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Jan 12 11:16:20 CET 2010

On 2010-01-11 19:44, Martin Gombač wrote:
> Hi,
>
> under heavy-to-mild mysql usage in Xen PV server hosted on drbd block
> device, i get the Digest integrity check FAILED. dd or copy operations
> seem not trigger it.
> I've read posts about this issue before, so i'm aware that it's saving
> my data and the usual ways to go about fixing it.
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2008-January/008343.html
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2009-February/011357.html
>
> First thing i did was to remove all offloaded work from network card, to
> the CPU ([rx on|off] [tx on|off] [sg on|off] [tso on|off] [ufo on|off]
> [gso on|off] [gro on|off]) but it didn't help. Then i switched to second
> network card, intel server type and it still didn't work. Offloading or
> not, it didn't matter. I tried two more different network cards, just to
> be sure. These were the cards:
> # Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5721 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express
> # Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
> # Intel Corporation 82572EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
> # Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+
>
> The system is latest stable CentOS (5.3) running Xen. Drbd is from
> extras repo.

You're running Xen VMs on top of DRBD? Most likely guess is that these
errors occur in you guest domain's swap space then. Can you confirm (or
disprove)?

Cheers,
Florian

P.S.: Your subject is misleading. You're not running into these messages
"when using MySQL", but "when running MySQL inside Xen", IIUC. That's a
big difference. :)