[DRBD-user] drbd-8.3.7rc2.tar.gz

Ante Karamatić ivoks at grad.hr
Mon Jan 11 10:55:24 CET 2010

On 11.01.2010 10:14, Florian Haas wrote:

> Yes, this is legacy stuff. We have the userland binary paths hardcoded
> to /sbin for historical reasons; I'll spare you of the details. The
> correct thing to do would be to use $(sbindir) which defaults to
> /usr/local/sbin, and then override with ./configure --sbindir=/sbin in
> packaging. We'll fix this for 8.3.8.

Even with --prefix and --sbindir defined, it still writes files into
/sbin. The only way you could force it to write somewhere else is by
prepending DESTDIR to 'make install'

>> that creates /tmp/DRBD with arch dependent files and /tmp/DRBD/tmp/DRBD
>> with arch independent files.
>
> Huh? Explain please.

When I run 'make DESTDIR=/tmp/DRBD install', after running configure
with --prefix=/tmp/DRBD and --sbindir=/tmp/DRBD/sbin, I end up with
/tmp/DRBD directory which contains another tmp/DRBD. So, the tree looks
like this:

.
|-- sbin
|   |-- drbdadm
|   |-- drbdmeta
|   `-- drbdsetup
|-- tmp
|   `-- DRBD

[cut]

`-- usr

All files in /tmp/DRBD/sbin/* are architecture depended (compiled). All
files in /tmp/DRBD/tmp/DRBD/* are shell scripts, configuration files and
man pages. True, there's one arch independed file that ends up in
/tmp/DRBD/usr (resource file).