[DRBD-user] DRBD on Debian

Alex Rutgers A.Rutgers at momac.net
Wed Jan 6 22:57:07 CET 2010

I started end December with a test setup and collected the how to from
links like:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9074

and combining that info with the quite extensive guide from
http://www.drbd.org/docs/install

I had to read and repeat some steps, and even did a reinstall (e.g.
recreate partitions)

as during the first installation steps I was getting errors and got
stuck as well.

Alex Rutgers
Head of Technology

MoMac B.V.

Rivium eerste straat 9

2909 LE Capelle aan den IJssel

The Netherlands

T:  +31 (0) 10 - 266 0 266

D:  +31 (0) 10 - 266 0 281

M: +31 (0) 6 -  460 069 88

E: a.rutgers at momac.net <mailto:a.rutgers at momac.net>

www.momac.net <http://www.momac.net/>

DISCLAIMER MOMAC
This message may contain information which is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the named addressee of this message please
destroy it without reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to
any other person. The sender rules out any and every liability resulting
from any electronic transmission.

get

> going.  It's about doing a VMWare Server auto failover/replication
using

> DRBD & heartbeat.

> http://www.howtoforge.com/vm_replication_failover_vmware_debian_etch

> It's for Etch & 0.7x DRBD, but should help quite a bit.   The docs on
the

> DRBD site are also really good for getting started.

> --Chris

> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009, Ashwin wrote:

> > Dear All,

> > Im new to DRBD and found very handy to be used at our end.

> > But while I had a walk over it im a bit confused, im not able to
configure

> > it properly and dint find much about it on net, so thought of
finding out

> > something here.

> > Can anyone help me with detailed setup of DRBD over Debian lenny 5.x
with 2