[DRBD-user] DRBD 2.5TB Max Size?

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Wed Feb 17 19:31:07 CET 2010

Well, I got it working but the path to healing was a weird one.

After extending the LV on the second node and issuing the 'drbdadm
resize <resource>' command on both nodes, nothing seemed to happen.

I restarted drbd on both nodes. On the second node, /proc/partitions now
showed the correct size for drbd0, but on the first node the drbd0
partition size had DECREASED by about half.

/var/log/messages on the first node showed the infamous 'Error 140
vmalloc() failed' message when trying to attach the resource. This
seemed weird because the node where it failed has 4GB RAM but the node
where it succeeded only has 512MB. Otherwise they are identical.

I tried the vmalloc kernel option... which lead to kernel panic on boot.

I tried upgrading to the PAE kernel, but then of course DRBD was the
wrong version.

I went back to the regular kernel and upgraded both nodes to drbd83 and
it's all working fine now.

Whatever. :-)

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - February 17, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for drbd-user at lists.linbit.com,Lars Ellenberg. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.