[DRBD-user] DRBD 2.5TB Max Size?

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Tue Feb 16 22:47:47 CET 2010

> If it is lvm, it should not need GPT (at least not
> on that level).

That confirms what I posted a few minutes ago.

>So what is what, exactly?
>What does your stack look like,

Here's the stack....

ext3
DRBD
LVM
RAID 0 /dev/md3
software RAID partitions
2x2TB SATA drives
kernel 2.6.18

>what does /proc/partitions have to say about it all?

[root at nas01 ~]# cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

   8     0 1953514584 sda
   8     1     104391 sda1
   8     2   51199155 sda2
   8     3    8193150 sda3
   8     4          1 sda4
   8     5 1894015273 sda5
   8    16 1953514584 sdb
   8    17     104391 sdb1
   8    18   51199155 sdb2
   8    19    8193150 sdb3
   8    20          1 sdb4
   8    21 1894015273 sdb5
   9     1   51199040 md1
   9     3 3788029952 md3
   9     2    8193024 md2
   9     0     104320 md0
 253     0 3779571712 dm-0
 147     0 2705747276 drbd0

>or /proc/mdstat ?

[root at nas01 ~]# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid1] [raid0]
md0 : active raid1 sdb1[1] sda1[0]
      104320 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md2 : active raid1 sdb3[1] sda3[0]
      8193024 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md3 : active raid0 sdb5[1] sda5[0]
      3788029952 blocks 256k chunks

md1 : active raid1 sdb2[1] sda2[0]
      51199040 blocks [2/2] [UU]

> blockdev --getsize64?

[root at nas01 ~]# blockdev --getsize64 /dev/md3
3878942670848

> pvs?

[root at nas01 ~]# pvs
  PV         VG   Fmt  Attr PSize PFree
  /dev/md3   vg01 lvm2 a-   3.53T 8.06G

>vgs?

[root at nas01 ~]# vgs
  VG   #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize VFree
  vg01   1   1   0 wz--n- 3.53T 8.06G

>lvs?

[root at nas01 ~]# lvs
  LV   VG   Attr   LSize Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
  lv01 vg01 -wi-ao 3.52T

>Note that for large DRBDs it is strongly recommended
>to upgrade to 8.3.

Noted, thanks.

To me, all of the above looks good, except I still get...

[root at nas01 ~]# df -h
/dev/md1               48G  2.6G   43G   6% /
/dev/md0               99M   14M   80M  15% /boot
tmpfs                 1.5G     0  1.5G   0% /dev/shm
/dev/drbd0            2.5T  203M  2.4T   1% /ha_data

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - February 16, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Lars Ellenberg,drbd-user at lists.linbit.com. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.