[DRBD-user] DRBD 2.5TB Max Size?

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Tue Feb 16 22:19:51 CET 2010

Sorry, just reposting this with the correct subject line. It somehow got
tagged as spam.

>Am I the only one to find it strange that a file system with a supposed

>limit of 2TiB size shows 2.5TiB free space?

I was actually just researching that question, and I was also wondering
why I need to repartition using GPT labels when, from what I'm reading,
an LVM partition is in fact using a GPT/EFI label, is it not?

LVM clearly "sees" the whole 3.5TB... so why does ext3 only provide
access to 2.5TB of it?

  --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               /dev/md3
  VG Name               vg01
  PV Size               3.53 TB / not usable 4.00 MB
  Allocatable           yes
  PE Size (KByte)       4096
  Total PE              924811
  Free PE               2064
  Allocated PE          922747
  PV UUID               mcin4K-D9r3-H8gI-rRpy-6UKe-0PrY-OZPwQ8

[root at nas01 ~]# lvdisplay
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/vg01/lv01
  VG Name                vg01
  LV UUID                FnabRs-K5pA-Y3IP-W1Jy-RZiP-kmTC-11wqSS
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 2
  LV Size                3.52 TB
  Current LE             922747
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     2048
  Block device           253:0

[root at nas01 ~]# df -h
/dev/md1               48G  2.6G   43G   6% /
/dev/md0               99M   14M   80M  15% /boot
tmpfs                 1.5G     0  1.5G   0% /dev/shm
/dev/drbd0            2.5T  203M  2.4T   1% /ha_data

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - February 16, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for drbd-user at lists.linbit.com. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.