[DRBD-user] DRBD - Slow Performance

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
Tue Feb 16 17:50:58 CET 2010

Hi!

On Die, 2010-02-16 at 09:42 -0500, Dan Lavu wrote:
[...]
> All software firewalls were already disabled, this is travelling
> through an IPSEC tunnel with no ACLs. So as of right now they act as
> if they're on a LAN. Do you think the IPSEC tunnel and or encryption
> can impact the performance? Thanks in advance.
Depends on the hardware where the math is calculated.
How fast is a plain file transfer over simple TCP (netcat/socat,
http-request, or FTP should do it) exact the same link from one DRBD
host to the other??
That should give (roughly) the upper limit of possible speed (and it
ignores DRBD).

	Bernd
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at