[DRBD-user] kernel soft lockup

Marco Barbero marco.barbero at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 23:27:39 CET 2010

Hi all.
I'm exeriencing a nasty kernel soft lockup on one cluster.  Have to
say I have tons of clusters using same config and all is working fine

To the point:

kernel 2.6.36.2
drbd 8.3.8.1
(it happens on  2.6.32 and drbd 8.3.7 too)

On the primary node it happens call tracing task blah blah blocked for
more than xx seconds... etc.
After investigating I have noticed that if I stop drbd on the
secondary node,  then the hanging node immediately works fine
again....
Maybe it's related to nic used that is a RTL-8169...?