[DRBD-user] "Concurrent local write detected!"

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Wed Dec 29 23:28:14 CET 2010

<snip>

But the result is undefined! What should DRBD write to the other member? The
result of the first or the second write?

You are using a tool that permits the execution of stupid I/O streams. Good
for stress testing, but not good for data integrity. If you want undefined
data on a DRBD pair, then disconnect before the I/O, do the undefined thing,
and upon reconnect DRBD will faithfully replicate the garbage. It will still
be  undefined stuff, but it will be identical undefined stuff.

Dan in Atlanta