[DRBD-user] DRBD LVM question

Peter Beck peter at datentraeger.li
Tue Dec 28 14:38:50 CET 2010

Hi Bart, (and all the others :),

thanks for your help. I've made a testconfig and it seems
to work. Is there any error in my config or procedure ?

--------8<--------8<--------8<--------
resource my-res {
    protocol C;
syncer { rate 100M; }
    on host1 {
device /dev/drbd0;
disk /dev/existinglv
address 192.168.30.13:7789;
meta-disk internal;
}
    on host2 {
device /dev/drbd0;
disk /dev/existinglv;
address 192.168.30.12:7789;
meta-disk internal;
}
}
--------8<--------8<--------8<--------

On Host1:
----------
resize existing LV for metadata:
lvextend -L+32m /dev/existinglv

create metadata:
drbdadm create-md my-res

force it (the lv with existing data) to be primary:
drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary all

On Host2:
----------
First I need to create a volume group with exactly
the same size as on Host1.

Then I'll copy the drbd config to the second host
and create the metadata on host2:
drbdadm create-md my-res

Now I just do
drbdadm adjust all
on both hosts and it seems to work.

If I want to resize one of the LVs I'll just follow
this manuel and it should be fine ?
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-resizing.html

Thanks in advance
Best Regards