[DRBD-user] Sunshine screen with XenServer 5.6 FP1

Rom Zhe zherom at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 19:59:32 CET 2010

Hi guys. Have some updates and more info for you.
While trying to tackle the problem from dif. angles, I installed plain HDD
in one of the servers and put XS 5.6 FP1 on it, also
gave DRBD /dev/sda3 on the same drive. Before server booted from flash card
(perhaps not fast enough to capture crash info) and data was on RAID
volumes.
This time around I was able to see what happened behind "sunshine screen"
(also got crash and other logs generated).
    <1>BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 00000004
    <1>IP: [<c01b9abc>] bio_free+0x2c/0x50
    <4>*pdpt = 00000004fe3ed027 *pde = 0000000000000000
    <0>Oops: 0000 [#1] SMP
    <0>last sysfs file: /sys/class/net/lo/carrier

I'm attaching snapshot of "OOPS" and a few log files hoping this will shed
some light on what's really causing this
and how to fix it.. As I understand this problem was confirmed by Jodok (or
maybe it's dif. issue).. Any thoughts?