[DRBD-user] strange split-brain problem

Tue Dec 7 19:02:53 CET 2010

Hi!

Just for the records - I think I found the problem.

I recently changed the IP address of the server but there was an entry
in /etc/hosts which still pointed to the old IP address. From reading
the docs that shouldn't matter as the host directive in drbd.conf is
compared with "uname -n" and uname -n was still correctly displaying the
proper hostname.

(this was not the IP address used for DRBD communcication, DRDB uses a
dedicated private subnet)

But apparently it mattered as after fixing the hostname's IP address in
/etc/hosts there problems were gone.

thanks
Klaus