[DRBD-user] mysql import caused split?

Jeffrey Taylor jeff at ottawahosts.com
Sun Dec 5 17:43:36 CET 2010

Hi all,

My apologies for my lack of familiarity with some of these terms first
of all. I've done a lot of reading and I believe that I caused a split
brain when I performed a mysql import, then...rather unwisely, initiated
a standby test. Things stopped working then.

My current setup is 2 Ubuntu 10.04 nodes running heartbeat/pacemaker and
DRBD.  The servers are ha1 and ha2 and my resources are r0 and r1. As of
right now I am only running apache and mysql from a linked IP and that
worked great for awhile. I'm not entirely sure if it was mysql import
that busted me but it was the last functional point I had.

Here is the output from crm_mon upon boot:

    ============
    Last updated: Sun Dec  5 11:37:05 2010
    Stack: Heartbeat
    Current DC: ha2 (20404475-1605-412a-ae63-53af7da99f4e) - partition
    with quorum
    Version: 1.0.8-042548a451fce8400660f6031f4da6f0223dd5dd
    2 Nodes configured, 1 expected votes
    4 Resources configured.
    ============

    Online: [ ha1 ha2 ]

      Master/Slave Set: ms_drbd_mysql
          Masters: [ ha1 ]
          Slaves: [ ha2 ]
      Master/Slave Set: ms_drbd_webfs
          Masters: [ ha1 ]
          Slaves: [ ha2 ]

    Failed actions:
         fs_mysql_start_0 (node=ha2, call=26, rc=1, status=complete):
    unknown error
         fs_mysql_start_0 (node=ha1, call=10, rc=1, status=complete):
    unknown error

There are some blatant errors, but I'm at a loss after trying several
techniques covered online. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jeff