[DRBD-user] drbd on same box?

yvette hirth yvette at dbtgroup.com
Wed Dec 1 19:48:53 CET 2010

hi,

sorry to be a noob...

i've got a fc-provisioned drive on a server along with a
locally-provisioned drive.  i'd like to automagically sync the two.

i tried using mdadm raid to sync the two; while this worked, i didn't
change my shutdown sequence to stop the md drive before cluster services
  tried to dcon the fc drive.  yuk.  i could fix this, but i'm loathe to
resequence stuff in /etc/init.d et al, as my config then is more work to
maintain, and if i miss something...

can drbd be used to sync these two drives?  if not, any ideas?

i've got three servers that need this done with two drives per, so it's
an issue.

tia for any help!
yvette