[DRBD-user] /dev/drbd/by-res/ and /dev/drbd/by-disk not cleared

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Mon Aug 30 16:58:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

We are having issues with symbolic links in /dev/drbd/by-res/ and
/dev/drbd/by-disk not being cleared after a resource is
removed/unconfigured.

The issue was claimed to be fixed with 8.3.1rc2:
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2009-March/011771.html

Unfortunately, the issue is not fixed and can still be reproduced.

We are using DRBD 8.3.7 but used the latest version of
scripts/drbd.rules from git.

According to git log, this file has not changed for +15 months:
http://git.drbd.org/drbd-8.3.git/?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=history;f=scripts/drbd.rules;h=080635f05e63414a34ce85bb1afa11351f3d0ed9;hb=HEAD

The issue can be reproduced with those steps:
1) create a new standalone resource resname (add it to drbd.conf)
2) drbdadm create-md resname
3) drbdadm attach resname
4) drbdadm -- -o primary resname
5) drbdadm down resname

Results:
1) Both symbolic links in /dev/drbd/by-res/ and /dev/drbd/by-disk still
exist.

Expected results:
1) Both symbolic links should be gone.

Regards,