[DRBD-user] Recovering from split brain

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Wed Aug 25 15:09:53 CEST 2010

<snip>

> One idea we had is to run multiple ocfs2/drbd's, one for each VM, and we
> can pick and choose which way to recover in a split brain. That seems
> like it makes it a lot more complex and not sure how successful it would
> even be.

</snip>

A better idea might be to run multiple ocfs2/drbd/s, one for each HOST. Put all
VM's of each HOST on its owned resource. Then split brain recovery direction is trivial.

Gotcha's are if someone is doing some maintenance and moves a VM to the other host and forgets to move it back or the SB happens while the maintenance is going on.

It depends on what's running where and why and what you are trying to protect.

hth

Dan in Atlanta