[DRBD-user] Antwort: How to convert existing lvm2 filesystem to use drbd

Robert.Koeppl at knapp.com Robert.Koeppl at knapp.com
Fri Aug 20 08:21:42 CEST 2010

You need to either shrink the Filesystem within LVM to make space for the
Metadata, or create another LV to accommodate it (external metadata). I
would adwise to use the latter approach.
Use a different Port number for each resource
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Robert Koeppl

Systemadministration

KNAPP Systemintegration GmbH
Waltenbachstraße 9
8700 Leoben, Austria
Phone: +43 3842 805-910
Fax: +43 3842 82930-500
robert.koeppl at knapp.com
www.KNAPP.com

Commercial register number: FN 138870x
Commercial register court: Leoben

The information in this e-mail (including any attachment) is confidential
and intended to be for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you have
received the e-mail by mistake, any disclosure, copy, distribution or use
of the contents of the e-mail is prohibited, and you must delete the
e-mail from your system. As e-mail can be changed electronically KNAPP
assumes no responsibility for any alteration to this e-mail or its
attachments. KNAPP has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that
any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for virus. However, KNAPP
does not accept any liability for damage sustained as a result of such
attachment being virus infected and strongly recommend that you carry out
your own virus check before opening any attachment.

Bernie Wu <Bernard_Wu at ncci.com>
Gesendet von: drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com
18.08.2010 21:10

An
"drbd-user at lists.linbit.com" <drbd-user at lists.linbit.com>
Kopie

Thema
[DRBD-user] How to convert existing lvm2 filesystem to use drbd

Hi Listers,
We currently have one guest with an existing VG ( vgora_dbms ) with 2 LV?s
( lvdbms01 and lvdbms02 ) and some free space.  Before I create another
guest with identical VG attributes, I would like to convert the current VG
to be used and controlled by drbd.
My listing of vgdisplay  and /etc/drbd.conf follows:

# vgdisplay -v vgora_dbms
    Using volume group(s) on command line
    Finding volume group "vgora_dbms"
  --- Volume group ---
  VG Name               vgora_dbms
  System ID
  Format                lvm2
  Metadata Areas        2
  Metadata Sequence No  3
  VG Access             read/write
  VG Status             resizable
  MAX LV                0
  Cur LV                2
  Open LV               0
  Max PV                0
  Cur PV                2
  Act PV                2
  VG Size               44.98 GB
  PE Size               4.00 MB
  Total PE              11516
  Alloc PE / Size       10240 / 40.00 GB
  Free  PE / Size       1276 / 4.98 GB
  VG UUID               cNHE4P-v5Kj-H208-9NyQ-h80D-yuT8-aBA3JX

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/vgora_dbms/lvdbms01
  VG Name                vgora_dbms
  LV UUID                Pud0a0-pVfZ-GmE2-d2hp-8Zg7-Mcls-YvsopX
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 0
  LV Size                20.00 GB
  Current LE             5120
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     0
  Block device           253:2

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/vgora_dbms/lvdbms02
  VG Name                vgora_dbms
  LV UUID                MnPYDM-tAUT-f1w3-m52o-pXnX-66jx-2sm16U
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 0
  LV Size                20.00 GB
  Current LE             5120
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     0
  Block device           253:3

  --- Physical volumes ---
  PV Name               /dev/dasdg1
  PV UUID               OkAxDf-YvdA-ehru-yb0S-8ytw-6uHH-DsfH8F
  PV Status             allocatable
  Total PE / Free PE    5758 / 638

  PV Name               /dev/dasdh1
  PV UUID               rVqwHH-P8jl-yfAt-jqeL-7Sx9-RziQ-E4eTb1
  PV Status             allocatable
  Total PE / Free PE    5758 / 638

# cat drbd.conf
global {
    disable-ip-verification;
}
common {
    protocol C;
}
resource dbms01 {
    device /dev/drbd01;
    disk   /dev/vgora_dbms/lvdbms01;
    meta-disk internal;
    on lnocsrq1 {
       address 172.27.100.211:7788;
    }
    on lnocsrq2 {
       address 172.27.100.212:7788;
    }
}
resource dbms02 {
    device /dev/drbd02;
    disk   /dev/vgora_dbms/lvdbms02;
    meta-disk internal;
    on lnocsrq1 {
       address 172.27.100.211:7788;
    }
    on lnocsrq2 {
       address 172.27.100.212:7788;
    }
}

When I run ?drbdadm -c /etc/drbd.conf  create-md all ?  I get the
following error:

/etc/drbd.conf:23: conflicting use of IP '172.27.100.211:7788' ...
/etc/drbd.conf:12: IP '172.27.100.211:7788' first used here.

Any ideas on how to :
1.      convert an existing lvm2 filesystem to use drbd ?
2.      create several resources in /etc/drbd.conf

TIA
Bernie Wu

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This
message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as
such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
drbd-user mailing list
drbd-user at lists.linbit.com