[DRBD-user] Choosing DRBD partition type o none

roberto.fastec at gmail.com roberto.fastec at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 17:16:36 CEST 2010

Hi everybody

As Dan suggested, when u have a whole disk drive to use as DRBD resource, you may assign it to DRBD raw as it is.

Well.

I'd like to know/understand if using raw gives better performances or in other words, if different partitions types (xfs, ext3 etc) may differently affect replication performances.

Additionally, talking about raw disks, it is true that if node1 disk is different in size than disk on node2, drbd works and provides a resource equal to the smallest of the two disks.

Is there any downside (cons) with it? I think not, cause there is no way to overflow the available space, but any opinion and or confirmation is welcome.

Roberto
FAsTec
Le mail ti raggiungono ovunque con BlackBerry® from Vodafone!