[DRBD-user] DRBD without secondary

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Thu Apr 29 19:52:29 CEST 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 12:47 PM, Chad Sine wrote:

> How do I make it UpToDate and Primary without a Secondary disk up yet?

http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-initial-full-sync.html

Since there's no secondary node, your device will become primary, and
have a connection state WFConnection (waiting for connection).  You
can leave it in this state as long as you want to.  Or, you can
'drbdadm disconnect drbd-data' to stop listening on the network.  Your
device will remain available locally regardless of what the network
state is.

Hope that helps.

alex