[DRBD-user] Drbd io wait ?

Brent Clark brentgclarklist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 22:13:34 CEST 2010

Hiya

I seem to be having a problem with load. I have four servers.

Two are web servers and the other two are MySQL (Master - Master
Replication) and NFS servers. Between the two SQL, I have DRBD running
in Active / Passive setup. On the passive DRBD machine, I find that,
when I do a 10GB Mylvmbackup of Mysql DB, the load on the two webservers
go through the roof.

My question is, could it be the syncing of DRDB and IO wait, that is the
reason for this. Or how could I rule out DRDB as the culprit.

If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark