[DRBD-user] drdb for Xen VM (domU)

Cristian Rojas intipu at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 27 16:27:14 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I have two servers running centos 5.2 with xen kernel embedded. I need to
create with LVM a partition on both nodes and replicate with drbd, then
mount them within the Xen VM and my hope is that drbd will replicate its
files.

Here is my drbd.conf

global { usage-count no; }
resource repdata {
  protocol C;
  startup { wfc-timeout 0; degr-wfc-timeout     120; }
  disk { on-io-error detach; } # or panic, ...
  syncer { rate 20M; }
  on gs1p305 {
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk /dev/VolGroup00/p3x0501disk1;
    address 10.1.4.90:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  on gs1p304 {
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk /dev/VolGroup00/p3x0401disk1;
    address 10.1.4.80:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
}

So far ive done this and didnt get it to work:

drbdadm create-md repdata
drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary repdata
drbdadm attach repdata
drbdadm syncer repdata
drbdadm connect repdata

And this is the ouput from Primary:

[root at gs1p304 ~]# /etc/init.d/drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 8.2.6 (api:88/proto:86-88)
GIT-hash: 3e69822d3bb4920a8c1bfdf7d647169eba7d2eb4 build by
buildsvn at c5-x8664-build, 2008-10-03 11:30:32
m:res      cs         st                 ds                 p  mounted
fstype
0:repdata  Connected  Primary/Secondary  UpToDate/UpToDate  C

When i create a file inside the Xen VM, it doesnt replicate to the other Vm.
Any help or document that may be useful is greatly appreciated.

Cris