[DRBD-user] Is rate parameter for all resources or can be configured for each resource ?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Apr 23 11:22:01 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:03:11AM +0200, Hervé Gautier wrote:
> Lars Ellenberg a écrit :
> >That's not how it works.  Its not a global limit, but a common default
> >inherited by those resourced that don't override it locally.
> >
> >I see that it could be useful to have the global limit you describe.
> >But we don't have it.
> Thank Lars !
>
> So if I understand well, It is necessary to configure the rate per
> resource to be sure to respect the available network bandwidth.
> If the common rate is used, for example with 4 resources, the
> defined bandwidth rate will be (4 x common_rate) in case of
> synchronization of the 4 resources.
> Is that right ?
>
> It is just to be sure how it works.

You could serialize resync of resources.
( see the "after" statement in the syncer section )

And you can adjust the sync rate at any time,
so you could monitor, and
	drbdsetup $minor_number syncer --rate ${whatever}M
appropriately, following any simple or complex policy, taking into
account current application load and network load and what not.

--
: Lars Ellenberg