[DRBD-user] how to inject disk block errors?

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Apr 14 21:02:23 CEST 2010

>If there is some software to or package which you have used to inject disk block errors,
>I would appreciate knowing about it.  I want to see how my system handles disk
>errors.

dd?
Set a seek if you want it somewhere besides the start of the disc.

FWIW, drbd won't know jack about this, this is a filesystem thing and
drbd will happily replicate what you tell it to, which is "the whole block
device defined"

By the time the filesystem realizes there is damage, it will have long been
replicated...