[DRBD-user] Support for devices greater than 16Tbyte

Ian Marlier imarlier at brightcove.com
Tue Apr 13 21:29:42 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Ballard, Justin <jballar4 at utnet.utoledo.edu
> wrote:

>  Greetings all,
>
> I thought it might be worth asking one more time, just in case. :) Is there
> any estimated time line for when devices greater than 16TB will be
> supported?

I expect you've already gotten to this, but FWIW: I simply divided the
underlying device into multiple partitions that were less than 16TB
(actually about 12TB each), set them each of those smaller partitions up as
a drbd device, and then made each of those drbd devices an LVM physical
volume within a single volume group.  That worked just fine.

It does make the heartbeat/pacemaker setup a little more complicated, but
only a little.

 As for a timeline for >16TB support, I don't have any idea.

- Ian