[DRBD-user] drbd on localhost

Arnold Hendriks a.hendriks at b-lex.nl
Tue Apr 13 12:11:22 CEST 2010

On 20:59, Anatoly wrote:
> Holla everyone!
>
> How can I setup drbd between two local dosks on one node?
> I understand this is stupid idea. But can I do this? If yes, how?
>
> Thanks,
> Anatoly.

By exporting the local disk as eg. an aoe device to a second node, and
running drbd on that second node.

Had to do that once to test a drbd configuration with only one san
device, and a simple webserver that wouldn't be able to hold all the
disks. Unfortunately the aoe connection would often timeout when the
load was high, so I can't recommend doing it.