[DRBD-user] DRBD Kernel Panic DRBD->LVM->Xen

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Apr 8 22:09:32 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 08:48:54PM +0200, Florian Haas wrote:
> On 04/08/2010 08:14 PM, Hany Fahim wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm currently running a Xen setup using the CentOS distribution DRBD
> > 8.3.2 from Extras Repo. I'm running into consistent kernel panics when
> > I'm benchmarking the individual DomUs. When the primary node crashes,
> > the secondary also panics shortly after and the two servers reboot in
> > tandem. Doing a search in Google, I found someone else who has the exact
> > same issue as I do:
> >
> > http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-virt/2008-December/000775.html
>
> And it was answered here:
>
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2008-December/011092.html
>
> Maybe Maros can share additional findings.

Actually, it later turned out to be likely related to this:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/17207
(read the whole thread)

there are a few more threads on that thing,
but basically you can use 8.3.7, and see it that helps,
upgrade your xen kernel as well,
do some of the ethtool things mentioned in the above thread,
and if none of that helps, disable DRBD's use of sendpage,
which is a module parameter, but can also be toggled at runtime.

--
: Lars Ellenberg