[DRBD-user] Stacked resources

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Sep 29 09:16:57 CEST 2009

On 2009-09-24 11:09, Johan Verrept wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    why does on have to use stacked-on-top-of to create stacked
> resources? Will it not work without or does this do some
> optimalisations? I would like to understand the difference in function.

stacked-on-top-of is required when you configure DRBD with drbdadm and
drbd.conf, as this is the only way to express a stacking configuration
in the drbd.conf syntax. You can sidestep drbd.conf altogether and just
use drbdsetup -- but if your setup breaks, you get to keep the pieces. :)

Cheers,
Florian