[DRBD-user] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0...037 (drbd-8.3.2)

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Sep 25 13:45:48 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:52:47PM +0200, Thomas Reinhold wrote:
>  I'll try, but I couldn't even reproduce it with the same system so far.
> What about this part?

Bugs that cannot reproduced are hard to fix.

>>  - Your changelog says that compatibility with Linux 2.6.27, 2.6.28
>> and 2.6.29 was added in 8.3.1, while Ubuntu Server with kernel 2.6.28
>> ships with DRBD 8.3.0.

Maybe Ubuntu ships their own compat layer for out-of-tree modules?
Also, double check your packages, maybe you are not using the module you
think you are.
Or maybe the "buildtag" was not updated when the module was rebuilt,
or maybe ...  I don't know.
Someone from Ubuntu around?

--
: Lars Ellenberg