[DRBD-user] activating and installing one node without another

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Mon Sep 21 11:12:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

I need to migrate an existing server to a DRBD-Heartbeat cluster. The existing
server unfortunately hasn't got enough diskspace available to accomodate the
DRBD partition, so I need to reinstall it. My plan is to install the second
node, configure DRBD on it with an absent second node and then completely
reinstall the first node. This would require me to bring "up" the partition
on the DRBD device without the other DRBD device on the other server being
available until later. Is this possible?

Thank you,

B.