[DRBD-user] Error when trying to use samples in User's Guide

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Sep 18 11:02:41 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 10:38:54AM +0200, Bernie Wu wrote:
> Hi List,
> Has anyone used the examples provided in the DRBD User's Guide to build a w=
> orking DRBD/HA environment ?
>  When I try to add my oracle group to Heartbeat using "cibadmin", I get the=
>  following error:
>
> lrmd[2015]: 2009/09/17_14:56:33 info: RA output: (drbddisk_oracle:start:std=
> err) 'oracle' not defined in your config.

You tell drbddisk to start resource "oracle".
But there is not resource named oracle in your drbd.conf.

> The sample I'm trying to imitate is in "Chapter 9. Integrating DRBD with He=
> artbeat clusters" .
> Any idea what "your config" is referring to ? DRBD's config or HA's config =
> ?
>
> An extract of my ha-log is attached.

Not anymore, stripped by mailing list.
Was pretty useless several hundred kB of repeating that message above.

Could you please suggest how we can improve the documentation further,
subsection "Heartbeat CRM configuration", to a point where you would
have understood it on the second read?

Thanks

--
: Lars Ellenberg