[DRBD-user] Zero time file saving problem from nfs clients on latest rhel 5.4 and drbd-8.3.2

diego.remolina at physics.gatech.edu diego.remolina at physics.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 10 16:45:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have discovered an issue which is related to the following configuration.

Server and Client running RHEL5 Update 4.
kernel-2.6.18-164.el5

RPMS on file servers
drbd-8.3.2-3
drbd-km-2.6.18_128.7.1.el5-8.3.2-3
drbd-km-2.6.18_164.el5-8.3.2-3
pacemaker-libs-1.0.5-4.1
pacemaker-1.0.5-4.1
openais-0.80.6-8.el5

Whenever the servers are booted into the 2.6.18-164 kernel the problem manifests. The problem is pretty much that any file that is created from graphical applications have wrong permissions and a timestamp which is either close to epoch or the wrap around unix time.
So the timestamps are in years 1970 or 2038. Some files have no permissions set, e.g. --------- or some bad combination of permissions.

Booting the servers back into the 2.6.18_128.7.1 kernel fixes the problems.

Has anybody else tried drbd 8.3.2 on rhel 5.4 with the latest kernel and nfs? Have you seen the same problem?

Thanks,

Diego