[DRBD-user] Truck replication

jay b tech_j at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 20:41:16 CET 2009

Hi All:

I am stuck with truck based replication.  I have the following setup:

node1 (primary):
/dev/sda7 [4TB]
/dev/drbd1
I have also created filesystem ext3 on drbd1

node2:
<same configuration as above, but there is NO filesystem>

I am basically trying to avoid the initial sync time (if possible).  So, now node1 is primary and if I follow steps written on this page http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-using-truck-based-replication.html  I can get both servers to display uptodate/uptodate state.

But, when I mount /dev/drbd1 to /mnt/drbd (on node1 which is primary), and copy files to /mnt/drbd, I do not see Uptodate/Inconsistent message (via cat /proc/drbd on node1)

At this point I would assume that node2 should get some data and try to sync with primary.  Am I missing any steps?

Please advise.

Regards,
-Jay