[DRBD-user] BUG? Oops: kernel NULL pointer dereference in drbd_connector_callback

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Oct 29 18:43:14 CET 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 06:05:42PM +0100, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 29.10.2009, 17:11 +0100 schrieb Lars Ellenberg:
> > If you can't get it to work, how about complaining?
>
> Because I decided to completely revert the switch from m-a to dkms,

 :(

> which was the reason why I took a look at running
> scripts/adjust_drbd_config_h.sh during build.

 :)

> > That would certainly be better than silently ignoring the "configure",
> > hoping for the best, and "sometimes" work.
>
> I'm not aware of problems in Debian before 2.6.31 which resulted from
> not running adjust_drbd_config_h.sh.
>
> We have a problem now, so we need to take care of it. But we did not
> just "hoping for the best" in the past.

Sorry, no offense meant.
Thank you for your time and work.

It seems to have "just worked" for the released debian kernels.
Someone rolling his own kernel may have had a different experience,
when trying to build his modules from there.
But then, she was probably not doing it the debian way ;)

And: Yes. We will try to add some compile time check to actually throw a
compile time _error_ in case this function pointer incompatibility hits.

Thanks,

--
: Lars Ellenberg