[DRBD-user] Skipping initial sync, and full sync after node failure

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Oct 22 22:21:18 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 02:44:45PM -0400, Jean-Francois Chevrette wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> when creating a new resource which doesn't have any data that you want
> to keep on either node, you can use the following:
>
> # drbdadm -- --clear-bitmap new-current-uuid drbd0
>
> You can see the documentation here and make sure this applies to your
> situation:
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/re-drbdadm.html
>
> Then, your second issue should not occur as both nodes will now have a
> synchronized bitmap. It least that's how I understand it.

Right.
The necessary procedure is best documented in the drbdsetup manpage,
which is online as well:
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/re-drbdsetup.html

currently, the section on new-current-uuid is
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/re-drbdsetup.html#id1229962
but I'm not sure how stable those "id" tags are,
when the docbook sources change ;)

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT HA-Solutions GmbH