[DRBD-user] DRBD GFS2

Pieter Steyn pieterste at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 07:20:41 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

I'm planning a 2 node cluster running GFS2 ontop of DRBD using Master-Master

Unfortunately, I don't have both nodes available at the same time, so
I'd like to know if it's safe to do the following:

Install DRBD on node 1, and mount GFS2 with lockproto=lock_nolock  as
that will skip the cluster.conf (because the other node isn't
available yet).

Then I'll populate the partition.

When node2 becomes available, can I just remount the partition
properly (as a cluster), and start DRBD up as a slave...sync the
drives and then switch to Master-Master?

Do you guys see any problems with this idea?

I've already run successful tests on two nodes, but not having both at
the same time has me concerned and I'd like to know the proper way to
do this.

Kind regards,
Pieter