[DRBD-user] DRBD and Pacemaker cluster: OpenAis communications channels

Romain CHANU romainchanu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 05:14:30 CEST 2009

Yes, it was what I had in mind.

Two nodes with 2 NIC per node. One NIC used for DRBD replication, the other
one for service delivery as you said (in my case it would be a postgresql
database). I plan to run Pacemaker over these two interfaces and use the
IPaddr2 resource agent to contact this cluster from other machines.

When the primary machine goes down, the secondary will take over following
these steps:

- migration of the virtual IP
- promote the secondary machine as the primary (for DRBD)
- start the postgresql database

Is this the correct way to do it?

Thank you.