[DRBD-user] Config File - Syncer Rate not working

Robert Dunkley Robert at saq.co.uk
Wed Oct 21 14:29:37 CEST 2009

Hi Everyone,

I have a number of LVM partitions setup in DRBD and they all work fine
except the synch rate is very slow until I issue this command:
drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 syncer --rate 350000

The connection between the systems is 20Gb Infiniband and capable of
about 1Gbyte/sec with TCP/IP, I'm using DRBD 8.2.6. Below is an excerpt
from my config file. Is my syncer option wrong? Can any of the resource
options be moved to the global section?

global { usage-count no; }
resource xendrbd0 {
  protocol C;
  startup { wfc-timeout 120; degr-wfc-timeout     30; }
  disk { on-io-error detach;no-disk-flushes;no-md-flushes; } # or panic,
  net {  cram-hmac-alg "sha1"; shared-secret "XXXXX";after-sb-0pri
discard-zero-changes;after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;max-buffers 128; }
  syncer { cpu-mask 1;rate 500M; }
  on XXXXX{
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk /dev/data1/l2tp1;
    address 192.168.10.160:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  On XXXXX{
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk /dev/data1/l2tp1;
    address 192.168.10.161:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
}

Thanks,

Rob

The SAQ Group

Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
SAQ is the trading name of SEMTEC Limited. Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219

SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T. services to UK Business.

Broadband : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit : Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

ISPA Member